Cleaning Grout might take someone very long to accomplish without the right guidance. Even professional tile cleaners equip themselves with the best tools and the most effective strategy when working. That is why amateurs like us must follow what professionals are doing when cleaning our grouts. If we don’t then we might just be going around the bush and waste our times trying to clean our grouts effectively.
On the other hand, if you want to clean your grouts by yourself and effectively, then below are 8 common Do’s in cleaning grouts and tiles.
- Have an effective grout cleaner by your side, it can be organic or commercial, and as long as it’s proven in effectiveness then it will be fine. Spray or apply your grout cleaner on your tiles and in their grouts, be sure that all areas that you want to clean are soaked with grout cleaners. Then, leave it soaked for about 15 minutes.
- In removing dirt, mildew and grime away. Using a brush is most recommended because of its reach and cleaning capability. Brushes are more effective than sponge or a rag in cleaning and reaching deeper parts especially on your porous grouts.
- Using masks and gloves can be useful in protecting yourself from strong odors and chemicals.
- Some people to save more time prefer cleaning their bathroom tiles and grouts while they are inside it.
- Soaking your tiles and grouts with lemon juice for a few hours will help in restoring their original color.
- Sealing grouts with grout sealers can also help in preventing future build up of dirt and other substances.
- Vinegar and water mixture are also used by some people in disinfecting their tiles and grouts.
- Cleaning tiles and grouts regularly will help maintain the original shape, beauty and color of your tiles and grouts.