People are encouraged to have their own gardens so that they would be able to enjoy more fresh air. Plants that are being sold in garden stores Brooklyn help get rid of air pollution. However, there are a number of plants that can do a better job in eliminating air pollution than other plants. If you are planning to have your own garden, these are some plants that you should consider planting:
• Feston Rose Plant – The other name of this plant is Lantana camara. This is one of the most effective plants when it comes to air purification. The best feature of the Feston Rose Plant is its very beautiful aroma. The aroma is so strong that you can smell it from inside your home once the breeze comes in. Another good thing about this plant is that it is does not need high maintenance. It can endure very high temperatures.
• African Violets – While this is a very popular houseplant, you can also plant in your outdoor garden. African Violets are not limited to violet. African Violets come in a variety of colors and shapes. You might want to learn how to conduct leaf cuttings so that you will be able to propagate these special plants. If you want to grow African Violets, it is important to keep their soil moist.
• The Devil’s Ivy – Do not be fooled by its name. The Devil’s Ivy is a great air purifier. This plant is also known by it other name, Golden Pothos. It is a very beautiful vine plant that can really help accentuate any garden. The leaves of this plant are golden and they could definitely make your garden look majestic. Like other anti-pollution plants, the Devil’s Ivy does not require high maintenance. This plant is really though and it could grow even in harsh environments. This plant is great against air pollutants such as formaldehyde and carbon monoxide.
• Phalaenopsis – This is not a popular plant but it is good anti-pollutant. If you love the combination if pink and white, then the phalaenopsis is the plant that you will want to have in your garden. This plant features beautiful pink and white flowers. However, you should not plant the phalaenopsis in areas where it would receive direct sunlight.
• Parlor Ivy – Ivies are very effective against harmful air pollutants. It can really help purify the air. You can grow some parlor ivies and place them in plots. This is so that these plants could help make the air inside your home fresher.